A specially formulated salt with a 50% reduction in sodium and balanced minerals. Just what your body needs!
Too much SODIUM and insufficient POTASSIUM, MAGNESIUM and CALCIUM leads to hypertension. Balance is the key.
Fine Foodsâ„¢Â Lake Salt LIGHTÂ is the 2 in 1 solution for a practical balance and healthier diet!
Salts in the market today come in many forms, shapes, colour and size. How do you select the ONE that truly gives you the best value and sets you on the path to a healthier lifestyle?Â Fine Foodsâ„¢Â Lake Salt LIGHTÂ has the ANSWER for YOU.
What is so special about our Lake Salt LIGHT?
- Contains 50% LESS SODIUM compared to other salts.
- Enriched with POTASSIUM, MAGNESIUM and CALCIUM that promotes excellent heart and bone health.
- Is iodized.
- Is specially formulated with a pollution-free Lake Salt and natural mineral salt.
- Same application amount as normal salt but with no loss in flavour.
You are the best doctor to care for your body.Â Take charge and move towards a healthier diet today by choosing our Lake Salt LIGHT!
1. What makes Fine Foodsâ„¢ Lake Salt LIGHT so special?
Normal salt is made out of 97.5% SODIUM CHLORIDE. Our Fine Foodsâ„¢ Lake Salt LIGHT is a unique low sodium mineral salt with 50% SODIUM CHLORIDE and another 50% of ESSENTIAL MINERALS. It is a blend comprising of pure and natural Lake Salt and other important mineral salts such as potassium, magnesium and calcium.
2. Why do we need a low sodium mineral balanced salt?
Through modernization, our diets have changed and are high in sodium and low in essential minerals. This trend will cause serious consequences to our health. Salts sold in the market (unless it is stated) have very high sodium content. By taking too much sodium, severe health complications and diseases will arise.
Fine Foodsâ„¢ Lake Salt LIGHT is formulated with the aim to help in the reduction of sodium and increased essential mineral intake while preserving the best possible taste. The incorporation of potassium, magnesium and calcium salts will reverse the effect of sodium induced Hypertension, and thus maintain healthy blood pressure levels. (Yang et al 2011; Houston et al 2008; Chang et al 2006)
3. What are the benefits of potassium, magnesium and calcium?
Potassium, magnesium and calcium are vital minerals that are found naturally in all food, but the main source is still from fruits and vegetables. However, we do not take sufficient fruits and vegetables in our daily diet, causing our bodies to lack these essential minerals that can help in guarding our blood pressure.
- Maintaining and regulating blood pressure
- Reducing the risk of kidney stones
- Reducing the risk of heart-related problems
- Reversing the effect of sodium on blood pressure
- Maintaining normal muscular and neurology
- Minimizing the risk of loss of bone mass (osteoporosis).
Potassium, magnesium and calcium work hand-in-hand to regulate muscle contraction and thereby maintain optimal blood pressure reading. (He & Gregor 2001)
4. How much potassium do we need?
According to IOM, we need more then 4,700mg of potassium everyday to help in the regulation of our blood pressure. 4,700mg = 4 1/2 cabbage OR 20 bananas OR 36 carrots (IOM 2010)
5. Is Fine Foodsâ„¢ Lake Salt LIGHT iodized?
Yes, Fine Foodsâ„¢ Lake Salt LIGHT is iodized! Getting sufficient iodine helps in the prevention of thyroid problems, development of IQ and improvement of energy levels. (Xue-Yi et al 1994)
6. Is Fine Foodsâ„¢ Lake Salt LIGHT suitable for everyone? Who needs this?
Fine Foodsâ„¢ Lake Salt LIGHT is suitable and required in our daily diet. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for people with hypertension and heart problems. Young healthy people can also take it to minimize/prevent these risks. However, patients that undergo hemodialysis should consult their doctor first before consuming any amount of sodium and other minerals. (Karppanenet al 1984; Chang et al 2006)
7. What are the applications of Fine Foodsâ„¢ Lake Salt LIGHT? What is the optimum amount?
Fine Foodsâ„¢ Lake Salt LIGHT can be used in your daily cooking. Apply it in the same amount as any normal salt. Replace 1 teaspoon of normal salt with 1 teaspoon of Lake Salt LIGHT. With this, you are already reducing your sodium intake by 50% and increasing other essential minerals intake by 50%.
1 x Fine Foods Lake Salt Light (Low Sodium Salt) (3 x 300g)